Sunday, January 28, 2007

Media Mail shipping

Yesterday was kind of hard for me.

I pre-ordered the new Grateful Dead release from 12/31/76 so I could get the bonus disc, and well I live about 50 minutes one way from the nearest independent or corporate retail outlet that would've had it. Net-> snail mail is how we do most of our non-food shopping.

I forget how much extra the expidited shipping was but something like another $6-10 dollars. Being a cheap ass on a tight budget, I chose the less costly method of shipping.

All week I've been reading posts by folks who have got it, and Saturday morning I trooped off to the post office to see if it was there. Nope, still not.

I wanted so to share and to listen myself last night on Melt Into A Dream, but alas, it was not meant to be.

I knew better from the delayed shipping time on the last thing I ordered from gdstore.com, the 1969 Fillmore West Box Set. Media mail takes a long time.

Knowing that I knew this potentially could happen made it kind of hard.

My bad
R

PS - In the better late than never dept. Provided it arrives this week, we'll play a bit next week.

No comments: